What’s it like to work with me?
I was asked the other day by a friend of mine just what it was that I do which prompted this post. A lot of people might not know what I do … only that I’m a nutritionist and I talk about sex a lot. LOL
So here goes. What does nutrition have to do with sex? A lot. If your nutrition is out of balance, your hormones are likely to be out of balance. If those hormones are insulin, thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, DHEA or cortisol, it can have a huge impact on your libido and consequently your sex life.
If any of the above hormones are out of balance, you’re likely to have a low sex drive. If you fix the hormonal imbalance, you usually fix the libido issue. Keep in mind that if you’re having relationship issues, that’s a horse of an entirely different colour and perfect hormones will not help that situation. But it will put you in a better place to work things out because hormonal imbalances often affect our outlook and our mood.
So what do I do when I’m working with you? We start with a 15-20 minute phone call to make sure it’s a good fit. Then we book an initial appointment. This appointment will be around 60-90 minutes, at which time I’ll ask you a ton of questions about your health and lifestyle. Then we’ll part and I’ll put together a program of nutrition, supplementation and lifestyle for you. We’ll meet again for about 45 minutes so I can present it to you and we’ll review the plan together and discuss next steps. The plan will include dietary changes, supplements that will assist your dietary changes as well as lifestyle changes, which could include exercise, meditation or journaling. Everyone will be a little different.
I do have 2 online programs that are low cost, easy to follow and you do have support from me via the Sexy Steppers. These programs do not require meetings, a comprehensive workup or an individualized plan.
There is a group called the Sexy Steppers that is open for anyone who is looking for hormonal or sexual wellness support. You’ll also have access to me by email.
For a more comprehensive list of services, you can find them here.
To answer a few common questions:
- Do you have to meet in person? We can do this whole process via Skype or Facetime and I will email you the plan.
- What type of payment do you accept? Cash, PayPal (if you purchase online) or e-transfer.
- Do you only treat people with low libido or sexual issues? Not at all. My clients are:
- men, women or couples with low libido
- men or women with sex hormone (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and DHEA) imbalances
- women going through perimenopause and menopause
- men going through andropause (yes, this is a condition)
- anyone who is stressed out (imbalanced cortisol = adrenal fatigue)
- anyone with a thyroid imbalance (usually low) who are struggling with issues such as weight gain, hair loss, constipation, fatigue
- anyone with prediabetes or blood sugar imbalances
- Who do I not help? Because nutrition is such a vast subject and can be very specialized, there are a large number of issues I do not treat. I want you to get the best of care. I will, however, refer you to someone who’s focus includes any of the following:
- autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s or Grave’s disease, MS to name just a few)
- fertility and pregnancy
- chronic illness
- serious digestive issues (blockages, diverticulitis, Celiac disease, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis.)
- PCOS (although this is hormonal, it is also a very specialized area and I do have a couple of nutritionists I highly recommend)
- type 1 diabetes
- heart patients
I hope this has helped to give you a better idea of what I do and don’t do. If you’d like further information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “I’d like to meet” even if it’s online.
I hope you have an awesome day and I look forward to connecting with you soon!
Sandy O’Shea, CNP
Glass Personal Massager Regular Price: $50.00Toy of the...
Be True to your Authentic Self One thing that has been...
Never settle for mediocre sex Let’s face it. Life is busy,...
My “Secret” to Making Lasting Changes You’ve come to see me...
Red Hot Flare Red Hot Flare Price: $70.00 Bright Silicone clitoral massager 10 Powerful...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive a free download – Top 12 Tips to Spice up your Sex Life
as a thank you.
We never spam or share your information.