Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef
- 1 pound gluten free elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (more or less) of ground beef
- Crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
- Mashed cooked peeled sweet potato, (1 large sweet potato)
- 3 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- To cook sweet potato: Peel and cut sweet potato into 2 inch chunks. Add enough olive oil to coat. Cook at 375F for 40 minutes or until soft. Mash and set aside.
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef. Add some garlic powder, minced onion, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- While the ground beef are cooking, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, make a ‘paste’ by whisking the olive oil and flour over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. It will become clumpy.
- Add mashed sweet potato, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, coconut aminos or tamari, and lime juice to the saucepan and bring to a slight boil, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth. Some sweet potato chunks may remain. This is fine.
- Add rosemary and combine.
- Add pasta to a parchment paper lined 9×13 pan, add ground meat and goat cheese. Then add sweet potato mix and combine thoroughly.
- Bake at a 350F oven for 20 minutes, then adjust shelf and broil for 3-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on the mac and cheese. You want it bubbly and crispy.
Enjoy with the kale salad found here. Feeds about 6 people.
The Importance of Strength How important is being strong and fit?...
Passion Enhancer June Feature of the Month – Silicone Rechargeable Passion...
Living out your Comfort Zone Lately the subject of getting outside...
Nipple and Clitoral Jewellery Price - $20.00 I thought I would take...
What is a normal sex life anyway? I was being interviewed...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive a free download – Top 12 Tips to Spice up your Sex Life
as a thank you.
We never spam or share your information.