Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese with Ground Beef
- 1 pound gluten free elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (more or less) of ground beef
- Crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
- Mashed cooked peeled sweet potato, (1 large sweet potato)
- 3 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- To cook sweet potato: Peel and cut sweet potato into 2 inch chunks. Add enough olive oil to coat. Cook at 375F for 40 minutes or until soft. Mash and set aside.
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef. Add some garlic powder, minced onion, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- While the ground beef are cooking, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, make a ‘paste’ by whisking the olive oil and flour over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. It will become clumpy.
- Add mashed sweet potato, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, coconut aminos or tamari, and lime juice to the saucepan and bring to a slight boil, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth. Some sweet potato chunks may remain. This is fine.
- Add rosemary and combine.
- Add pasta to a parchment paper lined 9×13 pan, add ground meat and goat cheese. Then add sweet potato mix and combine thoroughly.
- Bake at a 350F oven for 20 minutes, then adjust shelf and broil for 3-4 minutes, keeping a close eye on the mac and cheese. You want it bubbly and crispy.
Enjoy with the kale salad found here. Feeds about 6 people.
Glass Personal Massager Regular Price: $50.00Toy of the...
Be True to your Authentic Self One thing that has been...
Never settle for mediocre sex Let’s face it. Life is busy,...
My “Secret” to Making Lasting Changes You’ve come to see me...
Red Hot Flare July Feature of the Month – Red Hot...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive a free download – Top 12 Tips to Spice up your Sex Life
as a thank you.
We never spam or share your information.