- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Red and orange peppers, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- Crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- sea salt
- ground pepper
To cook quinoa, place 2 cups water or broth along with 1 cup of rinsed quinoa in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Fluff with fork, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
For this salad, remove quinoa from pot, and let cool completely in the fridge. Then add chickpeas, chopped peppers, celery, tomatoes, cucumber and goat cheese.
Combine lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt and ground pepper. Mix thoroughly, add to salad and combine thoroughly. Chill for at least a couple of hours.