I was never a huge fan of kale and I know a lot of people who aren’t including my husband who actually likes this. Megan is definitely one of my favourite food bloggers. Her first book, Everyday Detox (where this recipe is from) is AMAZING!! I don’t think I’ve EVER tried any of her recipes I didn’t love. Her new book, No Excuses Detox, is now available for purchase. I haven’t picked it up yet but it’s definitely on my list of things to get. You can find her at www.detoxinista.com. I think I need to pick up the ingredients to make it this Sunday. It’s been far too long!
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound kale leaves stems removed (about 2 bunches)
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Prepare the dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid; shake vigorously to mix. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to chop the kale leaves into small pieces – the smaller, the better. Place the chopped leaves in a large bowl and add the red onion and shredded carrots.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and use your hands to massage the salad. After just a few minutes of squeezing the leaves between your hands they will turn a darker green and have a wilted, silky texture, similar to that of cooked kale.
- Add the raisins and almonds and toss well to mix. Store in the fridge until ready to serve or serve immediately.
You can store in fridge for up to 3 days, even with the salad dressing mixed in. Enjoy!!!
So what’s the big deal about sex anyway? Well, for...
First of all, I hope you had a wonderful Holiday...
There’s so much “stuff” going on these days … energetic...
Have you ever been in a funk so bad you...
I was 13 years old but looked 19 and I...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive a free download – Top 12 Tips to Spice up your Sex Life
as a thank you.
We never spam or share your information.