• ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I recommend Enjoy Life brand … they are dairy free)
• 3 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
• ¼ cup cacao powder
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• pinch sea salt
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 eggs, whisked
• ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie spice)
Preheat oven to 350F. Place all of step 1 ingredients over a double boiler and melt together over low heat.
Next, place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
In a separate bowl, combine all the step 3 ingredients. Mix well, then pour into the dry mix, along with the Step 1 chocolate ingredients. Mix everything together with a hand mixer until well combined.
Pour batter into a greased 8×8 brownie pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before transferring to a wire rack and cut into 12 even squares.