- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Chocolate Avocado Frosting:
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil, not melted but room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a standard12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the cupcake ingredients until a creamy batter is formed and no clumps remain.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, about ¾ of the way, and bake until centres are firm, roughly 22 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool before transferring to a wire rack and frosting.
- While cupcakes are baking, add all frosting ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and no avocado chunks remain.
- Transfer this to a piping bag or use a knife and spread it on to the cooled cupcakes evenly.
- You can also enjoy the frosting as a chocolate pudding and eat it as is for a delicious treat!