The Challenges of Maintaining Balance
One of the biggest challenges in life is maintaining balance. It’s not as easy as it sounds. My sister encouraged me for years to maintain balance … which sounded like a fabulous idea … I just didn’t know how to.
Between work, home, relationships, trying to shop smart, eat healthy, maintain a regular workout schedule … there never seems to be enough hours in a day. And if you’re going to school, have a child or two, caring for aging parents, have a long commute … well, that throws everything completely off kilter.
Did I mention the need to keep your relationships healthy and well cared for? Whether that’s a partner, friends, family … oh yeah … yourself??? It is so tough to maintain a balance of everything that is important in our lives.
You’re the only one who can determine what that is. Is it your job? Your partner? Children? Your health? Your home? The answer lies in our individual situations. Some people spend so much time focused on their job, education or children, they forget about their partners. Or worse … themselves. I see way too many women who are stressed out beyond belief … trying to be a great mom, wife, employee, daughter, sister, friend … and they forget about themselves. Or they think that time spent on rejuvenation of themselves is time away from their other passions/obligations and somehow that’s a bad thing.
Here’s the thing. It’s great to have important people you love and take care of. But you need to make sure that one of those people is you. Because if you run yourself ragged and get sick … mentally, emotionally or physically … everyone suffers. Especially you.
So please … take a little time each weekend to get some extra rest, cook healthy meals, take some time out for yourself … even if it’s just an hour … and be good to yourself.
For many of us, we’re entering the silly season … otherwise known as Christmastime. It doesn’t have to wear you out completely. Let’s start a new tradition of helping others less fortunate, spending quality time with loved ones, smile at a stranger, perform random acts of kindness. What we put out in the Universe does come back to us. Let’s take the true meaning of Christmas back from the retailers.
A few tips for helping to manage the rest of your time … you know … the time you spend running around helping others …
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat lots of veggies and some fresh fruits
- Eat moderate amounts of protein
- Restrict simple sugars and carbohydrates as much as you can
- Limit the amount of processed foods and eating out you do (the sodium is so excessive)
- Take 5-10 minutes a day to just be. Close the door, forget the electronics, sit, breathe deeply, and just let your mind rest. It’s amazing how beneficial that is.
- And if you need a little extra help, there are amazing supplements that can help such as holy basil, magnesium, ashwaganda, rhodiola … but if you’re going to take those supplements, please get some advice on which one is right for you. Whether it’s me you ask, or someone at a health store, or your naturopath … we all just want to help.
Wishing you peace, love and an amazing life ….
Glass Personal Massager Regular Price: $50.00Toy of the...
Be True to your Authentic Self One thing that has been...
Never settle for mediocre sex Let’s face it. Life is busy,...
My “Secret” to Making Lasting Changes You’ve come to see me...
Red Hot Flare Red Hot Flare Price: $70.00 Bright Silicone clitoral massager 10 Powerful...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive a free download – Top 12 Tips to Spice up your Sex Life
as a thank you.
We never spam or share your information.